The Global Cement and Concrete Association (hereinafter the “GCCA”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice summarizes how GCCA will process and protect personal information it receives about members, prospective members and lateral partners, website visitors, suppliers, consultants, business partners and other third parties. Reference in this notice to your “personal information” means any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify, you.
What websites does GCCA operate?
GCCA sites include this website and other GCCA-owned websites, extranets, collaboration sites, blogs, webinar platforms, social media sites and mobile device apps. To the extent that any of these sites or services have specific privacy notices or terms and conditions, they take precedence over this policy. Information input into web applications, for example, varies by application.
What personal information do we collect from website users?
Our websites use “cookies” to facilitate use of the site. For detailed information on the cookies used and the purposes for which they are used. Other personal data from website visitors is voluntarily provided.
How do we use website user information?
We use Information collected directly from website users to provide the services that users request, such as subscribing for events and legal updates, becoming part of our alumni community, or applying for a position at the firm. Other data collected via cookies is used to administer GCCA sites or analyze our business.
Who has access to website user information?
Our marketing team, website development personnel and our third party service providers access website user information for the above purposes. We also provide reports with website user information to our management.
How long is website user information retained?
Information collected directly from users is retained as long as it is needed to provide requested services. Personal information collected via cookies is retained until you instruct us to delete it.
Marketing to You
We may send emails with information about our firm, services, sector developments and upcoming events. We use cookie and other technology to determine whether you read the emails, click on embedded links and visit our websites. We use software that places a cookie on your device which tracks this activity. If your email address is in our database, your cookie-tracked activity is associated with that address.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may unsubscribe at any time either by (i) clicking a link at the bottom of each marketing email which enables you to opt out of our mailing lists or (ii) sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Securing Your Information
GCCA takes commercially reasonable and appropriate security precautions, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards consistent with industry practice to protect your personal information.
Protecting Your Information Across Borders
Regardless of where your data is stored or processed, we have executed agreements with standard data protection clauses that require GCCA and its vendors to protect personal information in accordance with standards imposed by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. Your personal information may cross borders in multiple scenarios:
We may store information outside of the EU.
We sometimes hire third party vendors that may store and process your information outside of the EU. For example, we hire vendors and other third parties to process information related to client matters, recruiting, marketing and accounting.
Honoring Your Rights
GCCA controls the information that it collects about you and is responsible for honoring your rights. Subject to our legal obligations and rights, EU and United Kingdom subjects have numerous rights. Key rights include the following:
- Access – You may request a summary or copy of your personal information that is retained or processed by GCCA.
- Rectification – You may request that GCCA update your personal information when it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure – You may request that we erase your personal information from our systems.
For more details on your rights and exceptions to those rights, visit the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website.
If you wish to exercise your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The lawful basis for processing your information varies by information type and context. GCCA commonly relies upon four bases:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the employee concerned is a party.
- It is necessary for compliance with legal obligations.
- It is necessary to protect the employee’s vital interests.
- It is necessary for the Firm’s legitimate interests or those of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or rights of the employee concerned.
To process “special categories” of information we rely upon one of the following additional legal grounds:
- Processing is necessary for carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law.
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject who is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
- Data manifestly made public by the data subject.
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
- The data subject has provided explicit consent.
- The data subject has manifestly made the data public.
If you are a subject of the UK or another EU country, you have a right to complain to the data protection authority in your country. If you wish to exercise your data privacy rights, make a complaint, or request more information, please contact us as explained below.