>>> DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 15 MAY 2024 <<<
Apply now for the Innovandi Nanocem PhD prize – recognising the best global PhD on cementitious materials
In light of the transition from Nanocem to Innovandi, the Innovandi Nanocem PhD Prize has been established to recognise the best PhD completed in the world. The prize is open to all applicants, with or without direct relation to Nanocem and Innovandi GCCRN.
Submissions for this prestigious prize are open from December 19, 2023, until May 15, 2024.
One finalist will be chosen from each of the following 3 regions:
- Europe and Africa
- Asia and Oceania
GCCA will offer $5,000 USD to the overall winner.
This call is specifically for PhD theses defended in the years 2021, 2022, and 2023.
To be eligible for the prize, applicants must have defended their PhD between January 1 and December 31 of the respective year, and they must have been less than 35 years old at the time of the defense.
The criteria for evaluation are as follows:
- Fundamental research on cementitious materials and their use
- High scientific quality
- Pedagogic presentation
We encourage all eligible individuals to seize this opportunity to showcase their exceptional research contributions to the field of cementitious materials. The Innovandi Nanocem PhD Prize aims to recognise and reward excellence in this domain.
- A copy of the thesis
- A one-page summary in English highlighting the novel and outstanding aspects of the work
- A link to a 5-minute video explaining the thesis (YouTube or similar platform. Please refer to the previous finalists’ videos for reference: https://tube.switch.ch/channels/CKwHic1ahe)
- At least one journal publication resulting from the thesis in English
- CV of the applicant
- Recommendation letter from the thesis supervisor
- At least one, and up to three, recommendations from academics outside the applicant’s institution.